CO2.Earth Website Service
Last updated: September 20, 2015
This website with URL http://co2.earth is owned and operated by Pro Oxygen. The term ‘Pro Oxygen’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Pro Oxygen, the owner of the website and operator of the website service.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when:
- you register on our site
- subscribe to a newsletter
- volunteer to help with a CO2.Earth project or activity
- make donations
What personal information do we collect from visitors?
The following basic information may be collected when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, volunteer, or make a donation:
- email address
- Phone number and/or Skype username (when volunteering)
- Physical address (when volunteering)
- Resume or informaton about your interests and experiences (when volunteering)
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in a way that is consistent with the context when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize or enhance your experience at the site
- To send periodic newsletters you subscribe to
- To respond to questions or other communications you initiate
- To manage website registrations and blog comments
- To maintain ongoing communications for collaborating or coordinating work or projects related to CO2.Earth
CAN SPAM Act
To comply with CANSPAM requirements we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- NOT use advertising in messages
- Include our address in messages
- Monitor third party email services for compliance
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
- Promptly remove users from our lists in response to requests to opt-out or unsubscribe
Newsletter subscribers and site registrants may view and change personal information they submitted online.
How do we protect visitor information?
- Information stored on CO2.Earth is restricted to Pro Oxygen representatives who have signed a privacy and confidentiality undertakingrequire and use the infortmation for Pro Oxygen purposes permissable under this policy
- Information kept offsite by ProOxygen is stored on a password-protected storage device
- Credit card information is not collected or accessed by Pro Oxygen
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. See the Pro Oxygen cookies policy for this site.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to third parties.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third-party commercial products or services on our site.
We do not sell or display advertising at CO2.Earth.
This site uses Google Analytics to collect non-personal demographic and aggregate statistics to monitor site usage. The use of this statistical information is subject to the Google Analytics Terms of Service (http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html).
We allow anoymous visitors at the CO2.Earth site.
We honour Do Not Track (DNT) signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
Third party behavioral tracking
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
CO2.Earth does not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices Principles
In accordance with Fair Information Practices Principles, we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur:
- We will notify affected users by email within 7 business days.
709 Yates Street, PO Box 8800
Victoria British Columbia V8W 3S3