- Last Updated: 16 December 2015 16 December 2015
November 13, 2015 Launch of CO2.earth (& Show.earth)
Related Media Release
PR Web November 13, 2015 RELEASE Global public gets new site to track atmospheric CO2
A History of 'Earth’s CO2 Home Page'
December 17, 2007 Michael McGee launched the first atmospheric CO2-focussed website, a simple, one-page html site at themostimportantnumber.org.
Spring 2008 McGee created the world’s first CO2 web widget that people continue to use worldwide to track and display atmospheric CO2 readings on their websites and blogs.
September 1, 2008 McGee moved “Earth’s CO2 Home Page” and website from themostimportantnumber.org to CO2Now.org.
Since December 17, 2007 McGee has faithfully kept the latest atmospheric CO2 data on display on Earth's CO2 Home Pages and on many hundreds of websites and blogs worldwide with CO2 website widgets.
2015 Launch of CO2.earth
- CO2.earth helps people of many countries and backgrounds access the biggest indicators for planetary health and sustainability.
- A powerful translation tool is built into the site to make pages readable in 57 languages.
- The latest in responsive website technology is used to reach the 45% of the world's people who are connected to the internet with devices of many makes and screen sizes.
CO2.earth 2015 Launch of CO2.earth
Site Producer Mike McGee
- Creator of 3 websites that re-post the earth's data and information from scienctific institutions and other credible sources worldwide (2007 to present)
- Employed by the provincial government in British Columbia (23 years) with policy and communications responsibilities with a transportation licensing tribunal (15 years)
- Master’s Candidate at Royal Roads University (environmental education and communication)
- Data and education-related projects (including CO2.earth) are part-time, volunteer and operated independently of any employer, university, science institution or other group or organization
CO2.earth Production Team
Website with a Purpose
195 member countries of the United Nations have signed the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). This agreement includes an ultimate climate objective to stabilize the concentration of CO2 and other greenhouse gases (GHGs) in the atmosphere. CO2.earth provides an informal place to track planetary changes as they happen and explore pre-requisites for their stabilization.
CO2.earth CO2 Past, Present, Future
CO2.earth Global Surface Temperature
CO2.earth Track The Trend
UN Paris Climate Talks
CO2.earth brings focus to quantified indicators that enable people to sense and know planetary changes for themselves. Of relevance to UN climate talks in Paris (November 30 - December 11, 2015), the site includes indictors for gauging the degree of progress toward internationally-adopted targets that bring global warming to an end.
CO2.earth COP21 | 2015 Paris Climate Conference
- Michael McGee is launching Show.earth at the same time as CO2.earth as a repository for tools that people and organizations can use to show the planetary trends they are tracking.
- Show.earth starts as simply the new “go to” place for CO2 website widgets that people and organizations can embed on their websites and blogs.
- Show.earth has been designed with built-in potential to expand its offerings over time.
Source Image PR Newswire
- Registration of .earth domains is tied to a voluntary pledge:
“By registering a domain in the .earth TLD, Registrants voluntarily pledge to become ambassadors for Earth and do away with actions that harm Earth and its inhabitants.”
- By invitation from Interlink Co. Ltd., the Registry Operator for .earth Top Level Domains (TLDs), CO2.earth and Show.earth are founding members of an emerging community that share a common domain name and pro-earth pledge.
- Information about .earth domains, registration, registration terms and conditions (including voluntary pledges) is available at domain.earth, a website maintained by Interlink.
Domain.earth What’s .earth?
CO2.earth .earth founding member
More Info about CO2.earth
CO2.earth Servers powered by the sun
CO2.earth Media Releases
CO2.earth Media Stories & Features
CO2.earth Media Resources